A list of 10 free home decor crochet patterns that are made with either cotton or bamboo yarn! Get inspired by these easy and fast home patterns!
One of my all time favorite things to do is spruce up my little home. I love a good DIY project, especially when it involves a hook and some yarn. Some of my favorite home decor crochet projects to make are throws, pillows, potholders, coasters, and plant hangers. If you like these things too, then you’re in the right spot! This curated list is filled with FREE home decor cotton + bamboo yarn crochet patterns.
Everyone of these patterns is made with cotton, bamboo, or both. I’m a huge fan of cotton and use it often when making crochet projects. I love the look and durability of cotton. Recently, I’ve been using a lot of bamboo yarn in my crochet projects.
I’ve tried quite a few brands and so far my favorites are Lion Brand Coboo yarn and Hobby Lobby’s Yarn Bee Bamboo-Tiful. Both yarns are really nice to crochet with, plus they have the most beautiful sheen to them. So if you’ve been wanting to try out these yarns, do it! You’ll love them! If you’re just into cotton, check this post out HERE.
The crochet home decor patterns listed below are easy, beginner friendly, and fun to make. There’s something for everyone. I’ve included patterns that you could make in a few hours and some might take a few days. But if you’re one of those adventurous crocheters you could totally get these done in a day!
Best Cotton + Bamboo Yarn to Use
Here’s a quick list of some of the best yarns to use for these crochet home decor patterns.
Lion Brand + Hobby Lobby Yarn
- 24/7 Cotton yarn
- Coboo Yarn
- Crafters Secret Cotton yarn
- I Love This Cotton yarn
- Yarn Bee Bamboo-Tiful
Lily Sugar’n Cream + Michaels Yarn
- Whole Collection of Cotton Yarn
- Loops & Thread Creme Cotton Yarn
10 Free Crochet Home Decor Patterns to Make
1. The Simple Crochet Throw – This crochet pattern is one of my favorites due to the simplicity of it! Its a basic, one-stitch repeat throw that is perfect for any room of the house. This crochet pattern also had a guided video tutorial.
2. Cozy Cotton Sunflower Throw – This crochet pattern is a fun and easy throw that is perfect for the summer time! Bring it out to the beach to watch the sunset or use it as a coverup on those cool breezy mornings. Either way, this throw is sure to keep you nice and warm! Plus, it has a puff stitch border.
3. The Eta Baby Blanket – This adorable crochet baby blanket is made from bamboo yarn. Its a simple, one repeat stitch that uses two different colors. A guided video tutorial is provided for the stitch used in the pattern.
4. The Crochet Mug Rug – Do you want to make a super fast crochet pattern? If so, this pattern is for you. These mug rugs coasters take about 30 minutes to make and they include a guided video tutorial. You can either include the fringe or omit it. Either way, these boho inspired mug rugs make the cutest home accessory.
5. Modern Double Thick Potholder – You can never have to many potholders for your kitchen! This modern, double thick crochet potholder is simple and fast. Made using two strands of cotton yarn, plus single crochets.
More Home Decor Patterns to Make
6. Modern Crochet Pillow – Learn how to make an easy modern bamboo crochet pillow using the shell stitch. This simple one repeat stitch pillow would look cute in any home. Made from 2 crochet squares and sewn on the sides using the whipstitch method.
7. Crochet Granny Square Pillow – Create a cozy handmade look to your home with the classic cotton granny square pillow pattern. Make 2 granny squares or make 1 and sew it onto a linen pillow cover.
8. Simple Farmhouse Style Crochet Pillow – This beginner friendly crochet pillow pattern uses basic stitches and comes together in a day. Make 2 crochet squares or make 1 and sew it onto a linen pillow cover. A step by step video tutorial is provided for the stitch used in the pattern.
9. Crochet Plant Hangers – Create an easy and fun plant hanger for your home! This plant hanger can be made with cotton, bamboo, or twine. Learn how to make one these plant hangers in 30 minutes!
10. Boho Spiral Coasters – Crochet some adorable spiral cotton coasters for your coffee table with this fun pattern! These easy spiral coasters are made in the round using only double crochets. Keep them for yourself or give them as a gift. Either way, they make the perfect accessory!
I hope you enjoyed this home decor roundup and find some inspiration for your home!