A modern crochet washcloth pattern that features a bobbled heart.
Today I have a super easy fun tutorial for this oversized heart crochet washcloth. This washcloth works up in a breeze, all you need is your favorite cotton yarn, and a crochet hook.
I’ve been wanting to make a crochet heart washcloth for a long time, as I use washcloths all the time. You know, something that’s easy to whip up and doesn’t take a lot of time.
Washcloths make the cutest gift during the holidays too or when you need a gift last minute!
Like these mitered square crochet washcloth
The inspirations for these washcloths came from a picture that my aunt had sent to my mom. She had crochet a granny square heart style blanket for her granddaughter.
After I saw the photo, I thought it would be so cute to create a heart washcloth pattern. Something modern that would look great anywhere. You could even add a metal round hook or some leather tags to the washcloth.
This super simple pattern uses only half double crochet and bobble stitches. It works up into a modern heart crochet square.
- 1 Skein of I Love this Cotton Yarn (4) in the color Rosy from Hobby Lobby or another #4 cotton yarn.
- Size I Hook (5.5mm)
- Tapestry needle
ch – chain
hdc – half double crochet
bo – bobble stitch (look in notes section, to create bobble).
- Any medium (4) weight yarn will work for this pattern, like Sugar’n Cream cotton yarns.
- Chains at the beginning of each row do not count as a stitch.
- bobble stitch (bo) – yarn over, insert hook into stitch, yarn over and pull up a loop, [yarn over, insert hook in stitch, yarn over and pull up a loop] two more times. (5 loops on hook) then yarn over and pull through all 5 loops to complete bubble stitch.
Row 1: hdc in second chain from hook and across
- 31 total stitches and for the rest of the washcloth
Row 2 – 3: ch 1, turn, hdc across row
Row 4: ch 1, turn, hdc (15), bo, hdc (15)
Row 5: ch 1, turn, hdc across row
Row 6: ch 1, turn, hdc (13), bo, hdc (3), bo, hdc (13)
Row 7: ch 1, turn, hdc across row
Row 8: ch 1, turn, hdc (11), bo, hdc (7), bo, hdc (11)
Row 9: ch 1, turn, hdc across row
Row 10: ch1, turn, hdc (9), bo, hdc (11), bo, hdc (9)
Row 11: ch 1, turn, hdc across row
Row 12: ch1, turn, hdc (9), bo, hdc (11), bo, hdc (9)
Row 13: ch 1, turn, hdc across row
Row 14: ch1, turn, hdc (9), bo, hdc (5), bo, hdc (5), bo, hdc (9)
Row 15: ch1, turn, hdc across row
Row 16: ch1, turn, hdc (11), bo, hdc, bo, hdc (3), bo, hdc, bo, hdc (11)
Row 17 – 20: ch 1, turn, hdc across
Weave in ends!