Check out these 10 easy free crochet patterns using only cotton yarn. Cotton yarn is great to crochet with during the summer time!
A roundup of 10 easy crochet patterns made with cotton yarn. The crochet patterns listed below are all easy, beginner friendly projects. Perfect for the summer time! Or when you need a spark of inspiration.
Check out these free crochet patterns that use cotton yarn. Cotton yarn has become one of my staple yarns to use during the summer time. I absolutely love crocheting with cotton!
Keep on reading to find out about some great cotton brands to crochet with or keep on scrolling to check out the 10 free crochet patterns made with cotton yarn.
Ok, so I have I mentioned that I love crocheting with cotton yarn?! If not, let me tell you why. First of all, I love the look and feel of cotton yarn. It feels so light and breezy. Plus, cotton yarn holds up really well too!
You can also make tons of crochet projects with cotton yarn. Some of the things that come to mind:
- washcloth / dishcloth
- plant hangers
So as you can see there are an endless amount of options. Plus, cotton yarn is great to use during the summer time. I don’t know about you but where I live it gets really hot. So cotton yarn is a must for me in the summer time!
Let’s talk a bit about the different types of cotton yarn.
DIFFERENT COTTON YARNS
There are many different variations of cotton yarns. You have pure 100% cotton yarn and you have mixes of cotton yarn. One of my favorite mixes is Lion Brand Coboo yarn. Its a cotton/bamboo mix and is just the most softest yarn you’ve ever crochet with!
Quality is another big factor when working with cotton yarn. Not all cotton yarn is created equally. You have the super soft cotton yarn, like pima cotton and then you a not so soft cheaper version. It all depends on what you want to make or get out of your crochet project.
For example, if i’m making a washcloth or a dish cloth I like to use a cheaper cotton. It’s a fast project, plus i’m going to be wiping the kitchen counters with it. If i’m making a cotton cardigan, then I will splurge on a more expensive cotton yarn because i’m going to be wearing my crochet design.
So let’s get into some of these cotton choices.
Lily Sugar’n Cream
I love using this cotton yarn for kitchen items. Its inexpensive and you can pretty much find it in any craft store. Plus, they offer a lot of different colors. I love making wash and dishcloths with this yarn. They also make great gifts for family and friends.
Lion Brand 24/7 Cotton Yarn
This is a mercerized cotton yarn by Lion Brand and it’s fantastic to work with. You can pretty much make anything with this yarn. I love making potholders, bags, and baskets with this yarn. The reason I think it’s easy to work with is because of it being a single strand versus many tiny strands put together.
We Are Knitters Cotton Yarn + Billow by KnitPicks
We are Knitters pima cotton yarn is a very luxurious type of cotton yarn. Pima cotton is known to be a higher quality cotton. It’s basically known for its softness and smoothness. This yarn is definitely on the pricier side, so I like to use it for those special crochet projects.
Billow by KnitPicks is another type of pima cotton yarn.
Loops and Threads Cotton Colors and Creme Cotton
Michaels craft store yarn brand “Loops and Threads” has some really great cotton yarn options. I absolutely love their cotton color line, as well as the creme cotton line. These are one of my favorite yarns to use for garments and blankets. Michaels cotton yarn line is affordable and you get a lot of yarn for your money.
Alright, those are just some of my cotton choices out of the hundreds of choices. But let me know in the comment section your favorite cotton yarns to use? I would love to try it out!
Let’s get into the 10 free crochet patterns that use cotton yarn.
10 Free Crochet Patterns
- The Lotus Laptop Crochet Pattern – A cotton crochet laptop case pattern using the lotus stitch.
2. The Blanket Shrug Crochet Pattern – Easy one-stitch repeat cotton crochet shrug pattern with a step by step video tutorial.
3. The Simple Crochet Shrug Pattern – Easy one stitch repeat pattern, perfect beginner crochet project.
4. The Cozy Sunflower Throw Pattern – Simple stitch pattern with a pretty puff stitch border.
5. Crochet Mug Rug Pattern – A fun and easy crochet mug rug pattern with a video tutorial.
6. Crochet Double Thick Potholder Pattern – A double thick crochet potholder using a mercerized cotton yarn.
7. Modern Crochet Pillow Pattern – A modern and fun crochet cotton pillow pattern.
8. Granny Square Pillow Pattern -A simple granny square pillow pattern using a twisted cotton blue yarn.
9. Crochet Plant Hanger Pattern – A simple and easy crochet plant hanger pattern. This can be made with cotton yarn or hemp yarn.
10. Crochet Beaded Bracelets – 3 different cotton crochet beaded bracelet designs.
I hope you enjoyed looking through these 10 free crochet projects using cotton yarn.