Learn how to style your crochet scarf with this free pattern! Crochet a beginner friendly scarf in style with this free tutorial. Crochet a scarf in a day.
Learn how to style your beginner friendly crochet scarf using this free pattern! This free tutorial will teach you how to crochet a scarf in a day.
Do you want to learn how to crochet a beginner crochet scarf in day? Plus, how to style it! Well you’ve come to the right place, today I will be showing you how to do all those things.
If you would like to know the inspiration behind the scarf then keep on reading. If you want to go straight to the pattern and styling, then keep on scrolling.
So let’s talk a little bit about the inspiration behind the beginner crochet scarf.
Inspiration Behind the Scarf
If you’ve been reading my blog for a bit, you might notice that this scarf looks really familiar. And you’re right! I posted the inspiration and free pattern for this scarf here.
The inspiration behind the scarf came from me wanting to make something beautiful for my best friend. Something that was useful, yet really cozy and warm at the same time. That’s how I came up with the Lexi Scarf (name of the beginner crochet scarf).
I also wanted the scarf to be beginner friendly with easy crochet stitches. Ultimately, a crochet project you can make in a day. So why make another post about this scarf?!
Well I was just blown away by how my friend styled this crochet scarf. Plus, let’s be honest she looks amazing in the photos. That deserves a post on its own. Did I mention that it makes a great gift!
I guess the point i’m trying to make is that you can style your crochet scarf in so many different ways. You don’t just have to wear your scarf during the winter time. You can totally wear it on breezy cool day.
So now that we’ve talked a bit about the inspiration behind the beginner crochet scarf, let’s take a look at how to style your crochet scarf.
But first here are some more stylish photos!
Plus, one more!
Alright, let’s get into some ways we can style your crochet scarf.
How to Style a Crochet Scarf
So there are many different ways you can style a crochet scarf. I think it all depends on the color of your scarf, as well as the shape and style. Whenever i’m styling my outfits together here are a couple of questions I like to ask myself?
- What color is my scarf?
- Am I going with a basic scarf or more of statement scarf?
- Is it a short scarf or a cowl type scarf?
- What will I pair it with?
- What’s the weather going to be like today?
Once I’ve figured out these questions, I move on to the best part. Trying it all on.
4 Ways You Can Tie a Long Scarf
- The Classic Loop – Fold the scarf in half and put it around your neck. Put the loose ends of your scarf through the loop.
- The Braid – Similar to the classic loop, after you’ve pulled your scarf through the loop, make an additional knot carefully on the bottom.
- The Cowl – You can make your long scarf look like a cowl, but wrapping it around your neck loosely a couple of times.
- The Simple Shawl – Put the scarf around you once, creating a light knot in the middle.
4 Outfit Ideas For Your Scarf
- As the photos show, pair a simple blank ankle pants with a long sleeve burgundy top. Add some open toe shoes and pair with a cute hat. Finally add the beautiful scarf in the Simple Shawl Method.
- Classic pear of slacks with a buttoned top using The Braid Scarf Method.
- A pair of your favorite jeans with a basic white tee using The Classic Loop Method.
- Grab your favorite trench coat, some jeans and cute pair of boots. Pair this look with The Cowl Scarf Method.
As you can see there many different ways to style your crochet scarf! What are some ways you enjoy wearing your crochet scarf?
Alright, so let’s get onto making the pattern.
*** Get the Printable PDF Version Here***
Create a beginner friendly crochet scarf that will keep you stylish and warm.
TIP: It would make a beautiful gift for family and friends!
- 1 Ball of Thick & Quick Yarn Bonus Bundle and 1 ball of (regular size) Thick & Quick in color Fisherman. A total of 329 yards.
- 10.00 mm hook ( U.S./ size N )
- Darning Needle
- Optional: Embellishment Tag
8 stitches x 6 rows = 4 inches
Note: Need help with the beginner stitches, check out this post with video tutorials.
ch – chain
hdc – half double crochet
hdcblo – half double crochet back loop only
- Guided video tutorial provided for the scarf and tassels.
- chains at the beginning of each round do not count as a stitch.
- You need to make sure that when you’re chaining the initial amount (116), that you chain loosely. This is to prevent the scarf from rounding.
SCARF PATTERN VIDEO – PATTERN BELOW
R1 – In 2nd ch from hook, hdc across ( 115)
R2 – ch 2, turn, hdcblo across (115)
R3 – R10 – repeat row 2
R11 – ch2, turn, hdc across (115)
Finish off and weave in your ends.
HOW TO MAKE TASSELS:
A total of 22 tassels is needed for the scarf.
You need to make a total of 11 tassels for each side of the scarf. You can always add fringe to the scarf as well.
Alrighty, I hope you enjoyed making the beginner friendly crochet scarf. I also hope you enjoyed reading about the different ways you can style your crochet scarf!
Let me know in the comments below if you enjoyed this post. All be sure to do more post in the future on how you can style your crochet pieces. I think its so awesome when you wear your own crochet creations.
It makes your crochet piece that much more special.
Have a good day.